Thursday, December 08, 2005

Summers in December

My summers have finally arrived in the starting of winters. Yes, I finally got an offer for my summer placements from Tata Teleservices. Today was a rocking start as our IT team had to cover 5 presentations for the day. My day started with a usual run between our IT LAB which is on the fourth floor to our auditorium which is on ground floor but we have to climb down to the basement for the entrance. So amongst all this chaos of mics audio cables and LCD's I attended a sleep inducing ppt trying to be awake. Soon after the ppt I was told that I was shortlisted for NDTV process and I rushed through the lab and the room no. 13 to check the details. My pulse was rocking and I sat with Vikram and Vishay discussing questions like what are my strengths and weakness and why I want to leave IT and join media (though we framed a decent answer but still I can't think of a valid reason that why on earth would anyone like to leave an IT company to join a TV channel) and then after this brief session of introspection I hobbled up to the lab (don't ask me that how I manage to keep my fat when I climb so Many stairs, you can do your PhD on that) and struggled with the computer to get all relevant data about their Mcap, CAGR, Market Share, Competition, Industry Analysis etc. I came down mugging all these figures. At that time perhaps I knew the figures like they were the only thing that would be asked by them. There to my surprise on the board was my name making a proud announcement that I have "cracked Summers" with Tata Teleservices!!!!
Wow life rocks, things changed I went like an Idiot all over the college telling people as if I got a jackpot. Finally I reached the second ppt and then after all that I kept my promise and I brought cake for my IT team , I was so clever that I brought chocolate as I like more than Black forest and as a perfect team does they made it a point that all that cake should be as close to my mouth and my hairs and the ordeal continued until there wasn't a place left to smear the cake. after then we had a lot of chit chat. Well the day was a rocking one. I hope what tomorrow has in store for me. Till then Sayonara!!!

Posted by Prats at 1:15 AM