Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Journey to Find Myself: Engg College to B-School

It was few months back when I sat on the terrace of Panchvati (for those who don't know it was my hostel in engg college) and was tellling my juniors that it's so good to see the stars and the open sky. Since then life has been such a roller coaster ride, IMI vs. SIBM the tough decision, then such an uncooperative faculty in the college who think that students are the people with most free time. You know they feel that we are the bugs who can be crushed because they hold some thing which are called our internal marks in the hand. They don't realise that we students are human being and due to their inefficiencies we are the people who suffer most. Anyways the crux of the matter is that my joining in the SIBM was delayed due to my faculty back at my engineering college. So I had this great I mean late start but finally I am here. With first semester over I am now a would be manager, the guy who would sit in those plush offices in those armanis and versaches, driving luxury sedans, sitting in the big board meetings. This is what most people assume MBA is all about including me some years back. Well all my high flying dreams meet the reality. All the things seem more like our real world. Now that one semester is over everyone back at my place wants to know what I have learned in these four months. The answer to this question is one word called FAF, the art of speaking or writing when you nothing about what you are talking about. Well I will talk about this art in some of my next post and how I have learnt it? How I am planning to master it? All these answers coming soon till then, Adieu!

Posted by Prats at 12:22 AM